Terms and Conditions
Effective date: October 20, 2018
TurnUp Music (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the TurnUp Music mobile application (the “Service”).
By using the Service, you also agree to the collection and transmission of the Android advertising ID.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Phone number
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TurnUp Music uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do soTo provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
TurnUp Music may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of TurnUp Music
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. We may also use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
OWNERSHIP AND OPERATION
This Website belongs to TurnUp Music South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“TurnUp”, “we” and “our”).
Your use of this Website and any applications, software, data, products, competitions, prize draws, coupons, and any other services provided to you on, or from, or through the Website by TurnUp (collectively called the “Services”), is subject to the terms of a legal agreement between you and TurnUp.
ELIGIBILITY AND ACCESS
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
In order to promote the consumption of SA music, TurnUp Music (Pty) Ltd will conduct promotions (“Promotions”). All participants during the term of the promotion agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- No cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right, at our discretion, to substitute prizes if required.
- The Promotions will outline the entry criteria, which may vary for each competition.
- To be eligible to enter the competition, users need to activate a Welcome Tone on Vodacom from the TurnUp Music category during the campaign period.
- The Promotions are open to all persons residing in South Africa.
- Data charges may apply to all music downloads and streaming.
- Winners younger than 18 years must have a legal guardian to represent them and accept the prize of their behalf.
- Music content can only be downloaded to a music compatible cell phone.
- Winners must be able to identify him or herself (in a manner determined by TurnUp Music) as the entrant of the promotion and have to comply with the required validation procedure in order to claim the prize. If you cannot provide proof, or meet all the competition conditions to satisfaction, you agree that you will not be entitled to the prize and the prize will once again be placed into a separate draw. You will have no claim against TurnUp Music if this happens.
- The duration of the promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of TurnUp Music.
- The prizes are not transferable.
Prizes to be won: you stand a chance to win R100 airtime daily and a Samsung smartphone (Samsung Z4) weekly.
- In the event of a dispute in regard to any aspect of the promotion and/or the terms and conditions, TurnUp Music’s decision will be final and binding and no correspondence may be entered into.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current SA data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Winners will be contacted during working hours, between eight (8) in the morning and five (5) in the afternoon on the number used to enter the competition.
- TurnUp Music will use reasonable efforts to contact the winner telephonically on the contact details used to participate in the promotion.
- Should a participant not be available on the contact number used to participate in the promotion, or should we be unable to reach the winner to receive their prize, that person’s right to the prize will be deemed to have been waived and the prize will be forfeited.
- TurnUp Music shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the winner in claiming the prize. All risks and ownership of the prize shall pass to the winner on transfer/delivery thereof and hence all of TurnUp Music’s obligations in regard to the promotion as well as in regard to the prize shall terminate.
- TurnUp Music is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotion.
- Employees, directors, agents, contractors and consultants of TurnUp Music may not be winners of the Promotions.
- TurnUp Music, its associated companies, agents, contractors and any of its personnel involved in this promotion, assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage, death or injury arising from participation in the promotion or from claiming the prize or for any loss or damage, death or injury however arising.
- TurnUp Music assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
- TurnUp Music may in its sole discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice, and such amendments shall be deemed to have taken effect from the date of publication of the revised terms and conditions on TurnUp Music’s website.
- TurnUp Music may refuse to award the prize if entry procedures or these terms and conditions have not been adhered to or if it detects any irregularities or fraudulent practices. TurnUp Music is entitled in its entire discretion to reject any participant for any reason.
- TurnUp Music reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this promotion, without notice at any time and no liability shall lie against TurnUp Music, in favour of any participant or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination.